Tuesday, April 9, 2013


  Mapping Our Future

             During the classes offered about Career Orientation, lecture by  Ms.Vanessa Benaci  I passed the whole time wondering - "What I wanna do for my life? And how could I combine all the things I like to do" ; that was the two questions that most came to my mind. Since choose the career path is a challenge. However, more important  than think, in which job  I will successes and what I wanna do for my life, what comes first, and it is really close, making me already anxious, nervous, worry,  it is what major subject in college and IB  I wanna do. Obviously , these thoughts will reflect and help, be use,  after in my job.

As you climb the ladder of success, be sure it's leaning against the right building - H.Jackson Brown, Jr.


                Moreover, as Vanessa Benaci giving some guidance and tips, she started one main concept that we should be taking in consideration. As we creating our future or  choosing a job , if the money was not worth, what we would do for life? Meaning, that we should not think as first in money, and what our job will offer, but do something that really enjoy to do, in which we have a pleasure. As Ms. Vanessa continue her  classes, she hand out a activity that proposed the following :  " If you had 5 lives ,what would you do with your time? 

                After, in another classes, we continued doing another tests and accomplishing another activities which had the objectives to clear our minds in what we want to do in the future. In order to we have some result Ms. Vanessa gave to us four test that would observe and reflect  what areas and careers each individual fits the better. The tests were based on My Holland Code and Myers-Briggs Typology, reflecting one's personality and values. These tests gave me some significant results opening my mind of some possibilities of courses and areas that I could be engaged with.



          Therefore, the classes that we took with Vanessa were incredibly important and valid, making me reflect, since it brought concrete thoughts and open my mind to a successful future, but that still I have a lot to work on.
"Dream big, it's the first step to success."












No comments:

Post a Comment