Sunday, September 9, 2012


You briefly met with a college recruiter last week, and you reviewed a number of question to ask about colleges. This must have gotten you thinking about your future, so tell us about it. Without any strict requirements, write about your expectation, goals, fears, concerns, questions that you have concerning your future in college. Additionally now that you know that recruiters want to hear about you and your intellectual interests and pursuits, how do you think being an aware Academic Leader will give you an advantage when applying to the college of your choice?           

            As I met with a college recruiter of Baldwin Wallace college last, I could have a broad idea of colleges in the United States, thus several ideas and questions came to my mind about the future, jobs, my goals, concerns and expectations to a college student. First at all, I have a immense fear and insecurity  because I do not know what to work with and for I truly have vocation for. Therefore, I do not have any idea what course to choose. But as I met the college recruiter, make me feel a little coolness, since I know that I have two years before in college to  choose my course, in which is a enormous advantage for me. Also, I have the desire to go to college as a scholar of volleyball, for two main reasons: it is a sport in which I play since I was 7 years old, in which I really admire and I don't have the condition to pay a full tuition price per month . Besides  my fears, I also have some goals  - including some colleges that I would be proud to go and experience in life and get a scholarship. However, I have I complicated doubt, in which is if I really want to study outside Brazil or just stay here. Therefore, I have as a fact that if I am going to study in any university in USA, the recruiters would want to hear about my academic interests and pursuits. Thus, being aware Academic Leader, in other words,  we use your knowledge - in a correct and positive way - and all experiences in life to progress your level of leadership, as I said in my first blog; will give a number of advantages when applying to college, because I would be realible and true, knowing how to help and  really represent a team, and give concrete and developed arguments to each question they will ask. Thus, being aware of  the concept of Academic Leader and practicing should actually make a difference to be accept in universities. Lastly, despite the fears, I will try to do everything as better as I can and always working hard to reach my goals, making everything worthwhile.


No comments:

Post a Comment